Beer is sold in 5 oz sample, 8 oz glass, and 16 oz glass. Pricing as indicated.
- The Test Batch (TTB) – The first beer brewed at Akronym was made with Pilsner malt, Ohio spelt, and wheat. It is a Trappist Single with notes of bubble gum, clove, and black pepper. You’ll enjoy this easy-drinking blonde ale! ABV 4.5% IBU 20 $2/3/5
- Sundale Pilsner – Brewed in the style of Northern German pilsners, this beer is clean and crisp with graham cracker malt notes. It was finished with American Citra and Denali hops, giving it a medium-firm bitterness. Sundale is the street where it all started. ABV 5% IBU 40 $2/3/5
- Kernel of Truth – An American lager busting with flavor. Brewed with corn and Lemondrop hops, this beer is approachable and refreshing, perfect for patio weather. ABV 5.2% IBU 15 $2/3/5.25 ***2018 Ohio Craft Brewers Cup Silver Medal***
- Heart of Gold – Named in honor of Shawn’s late grandfather, this beer was brewed with Golden Promise malt and North Down hops. It has a medium light body with notes of biscuit and toast and a woody character from the hops. ABV 5.5% IBU 40 $2/3/5
- Pattie with Coffee – We’ve added Brazilian coffee, from our neighbors at Akron Coffee Roasters, giving Pattie, our Irish Stout, roasty notes of hazelnut, dark chocolate, and Brazil nuts, with a smooth creamy finish from our Nitro ABV 5.8% IBU 40 $2.5/3/6
- Fest Bier – Our Oktoberfest-style beer was made entirely with German malts and hops together with our house lager yeast strain. You’ll find the light, sweet bready malt character is balanced by the soft floral hops. Prost! ABV 6.3% IBU 25 $2/3/6
- Das Pumpkin – Our signature Fall beer is an amber Marzen loaded with pumpkin puree, lactose sugar, cinnamon, and allspice. It has notes of pumpkin pie and whipped cream. This beer is certain to help you embrace “sweater weather” and falling leaves. ABV 6.3% IBU 18 $2/3/6
- Sunset Wedding Stout – Head brewer Shawn married his wife, Becky, on the beach in Jamaica. This beer was brewed to celebrate their union. It is a tropical stout made with roasted barley, chocolate malt and honey malt for a balanced flavor reminiscent of brown sugar and milk chocolate. ABV 6.5% IBU 30 $2/3/5
- Trés Saison– Our take on one of our favorite beer styles was made with three malts and three hops. It’s a farmhouse ale with hints of lemon and black pepper. The hybrid yeast strain makes it dry and drinkable. ABV 6.9% IBU 39 $3/4/6.5
- Proving Ground – Our first offering in this new series of beers, named in honor of our local Goodyear Test Track, is a New England IPA. We used local West Branch pilsner malt and our house Belgian yeast strain, then double dry-hopped with Citra and Mosaic to bring you tropical fruit notes of guava and papaya with a soft, creamy finish. We hope you enjoy our first batch in this series as we continue to experiment with new ingredients and processes! ABV 7.5% IBU 50 $3/4/6.5
- Quaker Double IPA – We doubled the amount of oats and hops in this Double New England-style IPA. You’ll taste notes of berries and citrus from the double dry hop. Enjoy the ridiculous amount of Citra, Comet, and Mosaic hops in this one. ABV 8.1% IBU 60 $3/5/8
- Fyxation – We know how much everyone loves hazy IPAs, but with this beer we’re bringing together the best of both worlds: tropical citrus notes in a crystal clear IPA. ABV 8.6% IBU 60 $3/5/8 ***2018 Ohio Craft Brewers Cup Gold Medal***
***2018 Ohio Craft Brewers Cup – Best Northeast Ohio Brewery***
All beers are available for sale in 750 ml, 32 oz, 64 oz growlers, and 32 oz crowler cans. High gravity beers (8% and up), all IPA’s, and Tres Saison fills are $9, $11, and $22 respectively; all other beer fills are $6.50, $8, and $16. Growlers are $5 each and are not in the cost of the fill(s).